Asia Weekly Contributor (South-, Southeast-, or East Asia)
About This Position
The Asia Weekly Contributor role involves two distinct roles: writing and researching. The specific role assigned to each contributor, either as a Writer or a Researcher, is determined by our current hiring needs and the applicant's qualifications.
How to apply?
Complete the survey link at https://s.surveyplanet.com/2kyreky0.
Submit a curriculum vitae (CV) detailing their skills and experiences and a portrait photo (jpeg) via email to Ms. Mowie, Head of Managing Units (AiR and EiR), email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Application for Asia Weekly Contributor.’ We will respond to every application as soon as we can. Usually, this is within 10 working days of receipt of your application, though at busy times it can take a bit longer.
For more opportunities, please visit https://cpg-online.de/about-what-we-offer-career-opportunities/.
Who You Are
- As an Asia Weekly Writer, we are looking for candidates who are dedicated to researching, conceptualizing, and writing concise and comprehensive pieces on crucial developments and events in and pertaining to a country of their choice, with a strong command of English writing skills.
- As an Asia Weekly Researcher, we are seeking candidates who have strong research skills and are committed to organizing and submitting material on developments and events in or relevant to the country they have been assigned.
What You'll Do
- Asia Weekly Writer:
- As an Asia Weekly Writer, you will submit your researched and written articles to the editorial team for revision, make necessary edits, and resubmit them for publication within a pre-determined timeline. You will also be required to provide full coverage of the country/ies that you have been assigned and should be willing to commit at least 15 hours each week to this task. This position provides an opportunity to sharpen your news writing and editing skills while developing a sound understanding of the relevant legal-political conditions and realities on the ground.
- Asia Weekly Researcher:
- As an Asia Weekly Researcher, you will gather material on developments and events in or relevant to the country you have been assigned to and submit material within a pre-determined timeline. This task is designed to improve your research skills and help you become knowledgeable in the assigned country. You will also learn how to recognize quality sources and keep all gathered information organized. Please note that you will be required to provide full coverage of the country/ies that you have been assigned and should be willing to commit at least 15 hours each week to this task.
What You'll Get
- As we are expanding, you have great possibilities to involve yourself in a meaningful and interesting way by taking a responsible role that fits your interests and abilities. Beyond that, benefits include:
- • Mentorship by dedicated supervisors,
- • The advancement of your analytical and writing skills,
- • A growing and deepening understanding of an intellectual area,
- • The experience of being part of an ambitious start-up.
- Volunteer Certificate:
- Volunteers who successfully complete their volunteering period with Asia in Review will receive a certificate that acknowledges their success. In addition to this, we are also able to issue a certificate that is equivalent to an internship certificate upon completion of the volunteering period.
We will respond to every application as soon as we can. Usually, this is within 10 working days of receipt of your application, though at busy times it can take a bit longer.