Infusion Registered Nurse
About This Position
We are looking for an additional RN with Infusion experience for our location in Washington D.C. with a valid nursing license from the state of Illinois and a valid CPR certification.
●Minimum one (1) year recent experience in acute care from a hospital, infusion center or similar institutional setting
Who You Are
- ●Graduate of a nursing degree from a reputable nursing school
- ●Valid nursing license from the state of Illinois.
- ●Valid CPR certification
- ●Minimum one (1) year recent experience in acute care from a hospital, infusion center or similar institutional setting
- ●Critical thinking skills to adequately assess a patient’s health, change in symptoms, detect signs of pain and/or discomfort and take appropriate action as necessary.
- ●Effective verbal and written communication skills to relate with co-workers, supervisors, patients and family/caregivers.
- We're looking for someone flexible with late afternoon evenings and weekends as needed.
What You'll Do
- ●Conducts thorough assessment before, during and after the intravenous therapy.
- ●Provides infusion therapy based on the components of the nursing process.
- ●Inserts, monitors and removes short peripheral catheter (SPC) used to administer medications, blood products and nutrition.
- ●Checks infusion to make sure that medications given are not counteracting with each other or causing harm to the patient.
- ●During intravenous therapy, the nurse monitors the patient for adverse reactions and performs appropriate interventions to manage these reactions in accordance with the order of the physician.
- ●Ensures that the tubing, bandages and needle stay in place during the entire period of the infusion.
- ●Documents the occurrences and other patient-related activities including the medication/s administered utilizing the nursing process.
- ●Coordinates with the physician and other members of the health care teams concerning patient treatment, medication modifications and discontinuance.
- ●Acts as patient advocate; maintains patient confidentiality and promotes respect of rights and dignity.
What You'll Get
- Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance , Retirement Accounts Flexible work hours, commission on referral, good work environment